Friday, August 19, 2011

{laundry day} You're Movin' in Slo-Mo

IMG_5797
Watermelon slices, like the ones I'll have at my going away party tonight

Today is my last day of work. Tomorrow is moving day. Sunday we move into our new apartment. By Monday morning, my day-to-day routine will be 100% different than it is today. I'm excited, terrified, and truly sad to leave my home, friends, and what now feels like family, in Chicago. BUT, totally ready and unbelievably happy about the changes to come. Tonight is my going away party. We're planning to serve only foods that have a freshly-gardened vegetable in them: salsa, caprese salad, green bean salad, zucchini bread...should be tasty. So in the spirit of last-day shenanigans, to-do lists that simply won't get done, and preparing myself emotionally for the goodbyes to come tonight, I'm leaving you now with a few images of my life as late.

IMG_9015
These will be put to good use tonight!

IMG_9006
A tasty last breakfast before the move. French toast and coffee, with bags and boxes and clutter in the background.

IMG_8951
A better picture of our new Ecuadorian tablecloth. Joe bought it in Otavalo before I arrived. It's machine-made, but from a locally-owned and operated factory in Otavalo. The design is pretty common (there has been plenty of conflict over people copying designs), and we saw varieties of it in many craft fairs. I love the warm colors of it.

IMG_5931
A lovely daisy from the mountains of Colorado.

IMG_5911
I love this puffin mug, and have happily been drinking my daily brew out of it each morning.

Title song: Notorious B.I.G., "Last Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...