Wednesday, January 12, 2011

But I Send My Best

All's Fair (Isle)...
Fair isle sweater: H&M * Sweater-dress: Nordstrom Rack * Tights: We Love Colors (charcoal) * Socks: Target * Boots: Target * Necklace: Ride to Fight Cancer

I think it's safe to say that I'm obsessed with this sweater. I love the softness, the fair isle pattern, the cropped length, and the cozy cowl. Oh, and the price tag ($9!). It's safe to say that this might be the sweater of the 2010-11 winter. Honestly, this has got to be the most comfortable outfit ever. All kinds of loose, cozy knits. And I'm adoring how functional these boots are in the snow and ice. As much as I love my chunky snow boots, I'm happy to be able to wear shoes that are a bit more fashion-friendly (or at least ones that I don't have to change out of once I get to work).

All's Fair (Isle)...

Thank you all again for your kindness after yesterday's posts (see here and here). I mostly try to keep things upbeat on here, but I'm also not one to write what I'm not feeling, so posts like those will come up every now and then. While this is a "fashion" blog (though "fashionable" I am not, and I really tend to think of it more as a daily style blog), I am finding myself identifying it more and more as just a daily "____" blog. I'm not looking to redefine it, but I'm not sure that daily outfit posts are all I want to do here. I'm planning various levels of expansion, exploration, and exposition that might leave behind the mold of daily style posts now and again. And I'm so excited for that! Between Laundry Days is almost two years old, which just boggles my mind, and I think it's time for it to get fully into the terrible twos and embrace some mayhem.

All's Fair (Isle)...
All's Fair (Isle)...
All's Fair (Isle)...

That being said, these will be incremental changes. I'll still do lots of daily outfit posts, since that's how this whole rollercoaster started, and that's what opened the door to the blogging community for me. There are a few guest posts that I have in the works, and a few new BLD features that I'm hoping to get off the ground. But again, in the interest of simplification and centering my life, these will happen slowly, when I'm ready, and when I have the time, creativity, and motivation to give each of them my all. For now, happy Wednesday. :)

All's Fair (Isle)...

Title song: Ben Folds Five, "Fair'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...