Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekend Clothesline: You Make Me Smile with My Heart

I'm not a huge Valentine's Day person. Take it or leave it, as long as I get a bit of chocolate I'm okay (and all the better if that chocolate is 75%-off on February 15!). Joe and I typically don't go overboard for it, and I'm just fine with that. But today, without even trying, ended up being the perfect pre-Valentine's Day-day, full of time together, fun activities, and yummy food to share. From the challah/triple sec French toast to the long walk along the lake, talking about plans and goals and life, we had a wonderful, packed-to-the brim day together (I'm only sorry I didn't get a picture of the French toast!).

IMG_0768
We started off last night, with our favorite local fried chicken and a small-screen watching of Inception (loved it!).

IMG_0801
Joe had to run to the store to get half & half this morning for our coffee and came back with this beautiful bouquet! It inspired funny faces and a long conversation about international commodities and cash crops. ;-)

IMG_0770
IMG_0795
It was actually warm enough to wear a lighter coat, and we spent over an hour walking along the lake shore.

IMG_0804
IMG_0807
We warmed up and rested after our walk with a late afternoon lunch, favorite beer, and rowdy game of Monopoly (I won!).

IMG_0833IMG_0898
IMG_0840IMG_0887
Then we bought Bubblicious bubble gum (remember that??!?) and blew many a bubble. This was probably my favorite part of the whole day.

IMG_0916
IMG_0946
For our pre-Valentine's Day dinner, we decided to stay in. We cooked together, sang goofy songs, and wholeheartedly (and wholestomachedly) enjoyed the shiitake asparagus risotto (we got the recipe from Smitten Kitchen, my favorite food blog).

How did you spend your Saturday? Anyone else have an unexpected preemptive Valentine's Day?

Title song: Frank Sinatra, "My Funny Valentine"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...