Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'll Be Sittin' When the Evenin' Come

IMG_4240
Blouse: Ann Taylor, via Tessa of SWF, Mailbox Mavens * Jeans: Old Navy, remixed * Linen espadrille flats: Old Navy, remixed * Belt: Forever 21, remixed * Glasses: Burberry, remixed * Purse: vintage Kenneth Cole, remixed

Can I get a big huzzah for the Mailbox Mavens, please? This Ann Taylor blouse, that was passed on to me by Terra of Stylish White Female, has been so much fun to style. I already wore it once, with my favorite Target skirt, but I knew I had to have another go at it before I sent it back. I immediately envisioned pairing it with a baggy pair of boyfriend jeans and colorful heels, and these bootcut jeans and espadrille flats were the closest I could muster. Honestly, though, I love the result. I'm especially crazy about the skinny belt and purse; I feel like the pops of leather really tie it all together. This was such a comfy outfit, and I'm really starting to love these simple flats. I'm relying on my super-trusty nude socks to break in some of my new shoes, and accustom my feet to spring and summer shoe-wearing. My poor little feet are so used to socks and boots that they're probably going to end up with a good share of blisters once I start wearing sandals and heels sans socks and tights. So these nude socks are really going to save me, I think.

IMG_4246

This outfit, and these pictures, are such a perfect example of how great it is when it's spring in Chicago. For six months out of the year (at least), it's completely irrelevant that Joe and I live six blocks from the lakeshore. From November to March, that 15 minute walk may as well be 15 hours. But now that the days are longer and the sun is out, being able to stroll out to the lake after work is so awesome. Joe and I have been taking long evening walks most days after work, and I love how gorgeous the lake looks in the early evening.

IMG_4259

I'm really looking forward to summer, when we can spend even more time outside, along the lake and on the beach. Joe and I have big plans to start riding our bikes along the lakeshore bike path, taking picnics and drinking coffee downtown, having fresh dinners from the farmers' market, barbecuing on Promontory Point, watching the fireworks off Navy Pier, and enjoying all the other delightful things about Chicago. There's something about Chicago in the summertime that is so intoxicating, and I'm so excited that we'll get to spend it together. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this already, but Joe will be quitting his job in June to take the summer off before starting grad school again, so we'll finally have evenings and weekends together. I couldn't be more excited that we get to spend a Chicago summer together!

IMG_4239

Title song: Otis Redding, "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...