Monday, April 5, 2010

Right Hand in a Trench Coat

IMG_4202
Dress, worn as shirt: Target, remixed * Pants: Gap, thrifted, remixed * Boots: Steven by SM, remixed * Trench: vintage Sears & Roebuck * Necklace: gift from Gina, remixed * Earrings: Etsy, remixed * Purse: vintage Kenneth Cole, remixed

So I had every intention of spending this evening truly catching up on things. I need to finish my taxes (this is the latest I've ever waited to finish them, and I'm ashamed at my laziness), update a few things at Objects Found, write at least one post here (and hopefully schedule a few for later this weekend), fold laundry, do dishes, tidy the apartment, and catch up on emails. It is now 7:00, and I'm just now sitting down in front of my computer, sitting next to a pile of laundry higher than my head, with Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark playing in the background. I'm still determined to get to everything, but it might be a kind of late night. And the dishes might have to wait.

IMG_4193

I want to thank you for all your well-wishes after yesterday's post. I've been really enjoying spending less time in front of the computer lately, even if it's because I'm so busy. During the winter I tend to spend a lot more time inside, reading and spending time online because the weather is so lousy. But as the seasons transition to Spring, it's becoming easier and easier to spend any free time I do have outside instead of on the couch. Joe and I have taken to taking long evening walks on the nights that he doesn't work, and it's been a great way to soak up some of the lovely Chicago Spring we've been having, but it also means that I have less and less time to keep up with my computer-based hobbies. I think that will be a challenge this summer as the weather continues to improve. I don't want to completely abandon the interwebs during the summer, but I'll be hard-pressed to spend as much time on the blog as I did in the past few months. Effective time management, here I come!

IMG_4200

Now, I really, really want to talk about this outfit for a second! These tie-waist Gap pants that I thrifted a few weeks ago are going to quickly become my go-to summer staple. They're lightweight, loose but flattering, and oh-so-fun. For this outfit, I had originally just put on the dress, but it felt too loose and shapeless today, so I thought I'd try to tuck it into these pants as a blouse, and I love the result! The shapes are loose and the fabrics are flowy, and I felt comfortable, casual, and bohemian all day. But I think that the real star of this outfit is the trenchcoat. I found this gorgeous vintage Sears & Roebuck number at Unique Thrift a few months ago, and I've been waiting for the perfect day to bust it out. It fits perfectly, and still had all the original Sears & Roe. tags intact. I'm debating whether I should try to hem it up a few inches, since it's pretty long at this length, but I'm not sure if I want to risk it. In any case, it's the perfect Spring jacket, and will get a lot of wear in the next few months.

IMG_4194

Title song: Phoenix, "Napoleon Says"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...