Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Work for a Living

IMG_3280
Turtleneck: laundry room freebie, remixed * Black jumper: Old Navy * Tights: Target, remixed * Jazz shoes: Seychelles, remixed * Bike necklace: Ride to Conquer Cancer necklace from Linda of Struggles of a Creative Mind

Oh gosh, you guys! This was one of my favorite outfits ever! I completely adore it. The colors, the shapes, the comfort. I've been a big fan of subtle neutrals lately, and neutral-toned colors, so these pieces were perfect. I love this turtleneck, one of my infamous laundry-room freebies, and I especially like how the black dress and shoes ground the whole thing. And these tights! I got them at Target a few months ago, and when they were hanging next to all the black tights and leggings they looked super neutral; basic brown. I really didn't notice until I brought them home that they had such intense red undertones. I was a bit irked at first, and I wasn't sure how to wear them. But the more I've worn them, the more I realize what a fabulous addition they make to whatever outfit they're a part of.

Annyyywhooo, this necklace is one of Linda's Ride to Conquer Cancer necklaces. There's a lot that I love about this particular necklace. It's absolutely darling, and I love how tiny and charming it is, but I think what really makes it real is the cause that it supports. Please, if any of you like it, check out Linda's post about the necklaces. Adorable necklaces for an great cause? Yes, please!

IMG_3279

Title song: Sheryl Crow, "We Do What We Can"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...