Friday, December 3, 2010

The Best One of the Year

IMG_8039
Blouse: vintage Levi-Strauss, thrifted * Wool pants: vintage Worthington, thrifted and remixed * Belt: thrifted, remixed * Shoes: Chinese Laundry, thrifted and remixed

Oh, I felt oh-so-very 70s yesterday. Wide-leg trousers, a vintage polyester shirt, complete with neck-tie and crazy print. And yet I really loved the outfit, and didn't feel remotely out of place or out of date. It's been pretty brisk in Chicago lately, and all my skirts earlier in the week made me long for cozy warm pants. This was perfect for a day scuttling around the office, running to the bank, and staying warm at my little desk.

IMG_8040IMG_8034

I'm staying in Chicago this weekend. The longer drive and multiple days away from home over Thanksgiving made me want to stay put this weekend. I need to catch up on laundry, recycling, general tidying, and sleep, and I've decided that home is probably the best place to get all of that accomplished. I'm looking forward to sleeping in on Sunday and drinking hot cocoa to ward away the cold. And on the agenda for tomorrow is an oil change, some Christmas shopping, and a work party. Tonight? Handel's Messiah. It's going to be a very holiday weekend, and I can't wait.

IMG_8032

And because so many of you seemed interested in the recipes for some of the tasty sweet potato treats I cooked this week, I'm hoping to have a recipe post up later this weekend, as well as a sweet review and giveaway! In preparation for those things, I would recommend that you go to the grocery store post-haste and buy sweet potatoes, bacon, a red onion, and goat cheese (honey goat cheese if you can find it, but let's be real: any goat cheese will do). It's going to be yummy.

Happy Friday, interwebs!

IMG_8043

Title song: Vampire Weekend, "Holiday"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...