Monday, December 13, 2010

Let's Move Fast

IMG_8223
Dress: c/o Common Crow Vintage, remixed * Sweater: thrifted at The Garment District * Tights: Hue, remixed * Winklepickers: Target, remixed * Belt: thrifted, remixed

Happy freezing cold Monday! I'm hoping to have a fast, productive, cozy, wintry week, followed by a delightfully wonderful weekend. Then I'm heading south for the holidays. I'll be gone for over ten days, and I haven't yet decided what to do about the blog. Chances are good I'll just shut it down while I'm away and take a bit of an internet break. Will you be blogging over the holidays?

IMG_8238

This weekend was actually really lovely. I got a lot of work done, which I honestly wasn't expecting, and I managed to still take time to relax and have fun. I ate well, started knitting again, got all cozy with some spiked hot chocolate, and spent most of both Saturday and Sunday parked in front of the window watching this crazy winter storm roll through.

IMG_8241IMG_8234

I took these pictures on Sunday morning on my way to the store for coffee, though I actually wore the outfit on Friday. I wore a bright yellow cardigan the last time I wore this dress, too, and I just loved the color combination, so I busted out my new-to-me cableknit beauty to pair with it this time around. I got this sweater in Boston at the Garment District, and I'm just obsessed with how bright and warm and wonderful it is. I can't wait to style it with other outfits this winter!

IMG_8250IMG_8246

Also, literally seconds after taking these pictures, as soon as I had my cozy coat on again, I totally biffed it on the ice. It was one of those no-holds-barred, flailing kinds of falls, where my feet just flew out from under me and I landed on my butt, with a good side of whiplash thrown in. I was glad it was early morning in the courtyard, since I don't think anyone saw me, but I'm pretty sore this morning, and have a righteous bruise on my hip. Yay, winter!

IMG_8226

Title song: Chris Thile, "On the ice"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...