Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Heard a Street Singer Play a Song I Knew

IMG_2317
Outfit details:
Navy shirt: Old Navy, remixed
Khaki skirt: Goodwill, remixed
Cardigan: BDG for Urban Outfitters, remixed
Brown tights: remixed
Brown brogues: Andiamo, remixed
Belt: Target, remixed
Scarab Necklace: Objects Found on Etsy

Where:
Work

How I wore it first:
You Put the Happy in My Ness

I particularly love this remix. I changed almost nothing about the core elements of the outfit: same shirt, same skirt, same shoes. But I changed and added a few different accessories that I think gave the whole thing a totally new feeling. I was particularly inspired by Franca's wonderful idea to create a capsule wardrobe from three central colors, and I loved the navy/orange/white combination, so I knew I wanted to add this mustard cardigan to the mix today. I added the Scarab Necklace (one of my personal faves) to compliment the navy shirt and add some more interesting colors. Finally, I swapped the narrower belt from the first outfit for this chunkier, braided, "statement" belt. As it turns out, I really love the result!

Don't forget to enter to win the Ava Cupchain Earrings from Stella & Dot!!

IMG_2319

Title song: Ben Harper, "Having Wings"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...