Wednesday, November 11, 2009

That's Some Funky Lemonade You Got

IMG_2326
Outfit details:
Black cowl-neck shirt: Old Navy
Wool wide-leg pants: Worthington, thrifted and remixed
Flats: Target, remixed
Belt: TJ Maxx, recently remixed
Earrings: gift from mom, remixed
Ring: gift from friend, remixed

Where:
Work, lunch out with Joe

How I wore it first:
I Know You're Tossed and Tempest Turned

This outfit has to be another remix favorite of mine. I kept very true to the color palette of the original outfit, and even kept some of the same accessories (I love, for example, how the beads in these earrings pull out the rust color of the pants). But I swapped out shirts, opting for this heavenly-soft cowl-neck tunic, with a skinny belt at my natural waist. I love the drape of the fabric in this shirt, and I felt completely polished in this outfit.

IMG_2327

Work has been going pretty well so far. I added a little side project a couple of weeks ago while I was still unemployed, and I'm trying to do this whole NaNoWriMo business, so I'm actually insanely busy right now. In terms of the writing, I'm actually not completely adhering to the Nano rules. While I'm trying to write everyday, I have found that if I force it I get completely stuck and write what I like to call "atmosphere scenes" without ever getting to the actual plot. So I'm allowing myself time to stew, to develop my ideas, before I make myself write them out. Joe's been a great support system for this, and constantly encourages me (without nagging. This is very important.).

IMG_2328

If you haven't had the chance yet, be sure to enter the Stella & Dot giveaway I'm hosting!!

Title song: G. Love and Special Sauce, "Baby's Got Sauce"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...