Monday, November 30, 2009

And Now We Ride the Circus Wheel

IMG_2476
Outfit details:
Turtleneck: free from laundry room, remixed
Satin pleated skirt: Old Navy, remixed
Tights: Hue, remixed
Boots: Ciao Bella, remixed
Earrings: craft market, remixed

Where:
Work

How I wore it first:
Sweetness Sings from Every Corner

This is definitely one of my more literal remixes. The first version of this outfit is very similar to this one, complete with this darling pleated skirt and the smattering of neutrals. I think I like the first one better, because I feel like it captured the perfectly sultry summer heat, but I also really like the more bundled up version. This (free!) turtleneck will, I think, be a great staple layering piece, and both these Hue tights and Ciao Bella boots have more than minimized their price-per-wear. One of the things I really love about this skirt is how it can be a variety of lengths, depending on where it is belted. When left to hang naturally it hits just below the knee, but can be easily adjusted up even shorter than this. Versatility, baby.

IMG_2473

Title song: Neutral Milk Hotel, "Holland, 1945"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...