Thursday, November 19, 2009

Unless It's Fiction

IMG_2391
Outfit details:
Magenta shirt: Old Navy, remixed
Tulip skirt: Forever 21, remixed
Cardigan: Forever 21, remixed
Black tights: Leggs
Boots: Target, remixed
Cherry Blossom Necklace: Objects Found

Where:
Work

How I wore it first:
I'm Held Back by a Velvet Rope

I took a lot of liberties with this remix. I kept the skirt, and the predominantly gray color palette, but I felt like I changed the outfit drastically by adding this maroon shirt instead of the more neutral one I wore before. But I guess that's one of the major take-home lessons of remixing. You can keep everything in an outfit almost identical, but you change one piece and suddenly the outfit conveys something totally different. This was a great work outfit, comfy and forgiving, and cozy for another gray day in Chicago.

IMG_2388

I'm really looking forward to the weekend, and the holidays next week. I've been very busy, with very little time to recoup and settle down. I hope to devote some time to me this weekend. I don't want to start the holiday season feeling flustered and overwhelmed. I also wanted to mention that I have recently (and not-so-recently, sorry!) been given a couple of awards from some of my favorite blogs. I just wanted to assure you that I haven't forgotten, and I pinky promise that I'll get to it soon!

IMG_2390

Also, all of the items in the Objects Found shop are now 10%-off with FREE international shipping! I just wanted to let you all know first in case there was any holiday shopping you wanted to get done. 'Tis the season...

Title song: Okkervil River, "Unless it Kicks"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...