Monday, March 1, 2010

In Other Words

IMG_3568
Striped shirt: Laundry room freebie * Skinny jeans: Old Navy, remixed * Blazer: thrifted, remixed * Loafers: Bass, remixed * Necklace: market in Chile, remixed * Bracelet: courtesy of Maurices

{I'm too tired to come up with my own words today, so I'll let some of my favorites say it for me...}

Cherish your solitude
Take trains by yourself to places you have never been
Sleep out alone under the stars
Go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back
Say no when you don’t want to do something
Say yes if your instincts are strong, even if everyone around you disagrees
Decide whether you want to be liked or admired
Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you’re doing here
-Eve Ensler

IMG_3576

When I dare to be powerful -
to use my strength in the service of my vision,
then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.
-Audre Lorde

We are becoming the men we wanted to marry.
-Gloria Steinem

I'm such a girl for the living room. I really like to stay in my nest and not move. I travel in my mind, that that's a rigorous state of journeying for me. My body isn't that interested in moving from place to place.
-bell hooks

I was half in love with her by the time we sat down.
-J.D. Salinger, Catcher in the Rye

...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make
-The Beatles

Just love yourself. No matter the circumstances. You are always good enough, you always deserve it & you are always beautiful, despite what you might think or believe. Just love yourself.
-Gala Darling

The health of the eye seems to demand a horizon. We are never tired, so long as we can see far enough.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

IMG_3579

Title song: Frank Sinatra, "Fly Me to the Moon"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...