Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dressing Up to Dance All Week


Outfit details:
Dress: Target
Heels: Steve Madden, recently remixed
Earrings: Old Navy, $1 clearance, recently remixed

Where:
Work

Okay, so I won't actually be dancing all week, but any opportunity to put a Cure song in the title is fine by me.

I straight-up adore this dress. It's linen, and the perfect weight for hod humid summer days. Plus, the fit is perfect and the design's certainly nothing to scoff at. I love it, and was totally psyched to pull it out of the closet yesterday for its seasonal debut.

These shoes are totally rocking my world as well. I was really late getting on the pointy-toe bandwagon, but have started to embrace it lately. Points are a stellar way to lengthen the line of the whole body; not exactly news to most of you, I'm sure, but I was slow figuring it out, so there you go.

I'm actually really enjoying the level of simplicity that my cast is forcing me to employ in my outfits. I feel more classic and sleek without the burden of accessories (jewelry, belts, jackets: they're all out of the picture for their discrimination against onehandedness). I've always loved the idea of the rule laid out by Trudi in Steve Martin's classic, L.A. Story: spin around in front of the mirror and take off the first piece of your ensemble that catches your eye. However, I've never really adhered to it well. What about you all? Do you have any secrets on how many accessories to glob onto an outfit? Is there such a thing as too many chunky bracelets??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...