Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's Got Groove, It's Got Meaning


Outfit details:
Teal top: Velvet Torch, recently remixed as a dress
Walking shorts: Target
Sandals: Old Navy
Ring: gift from Mom, originally from Greece, remixed

Where:
Work

I felt sort of Grecian the other day. Anytime I wear white pants or shorts (and sometimes skirts) I feel a little bit like I'm exploring the Acropolis. Add a blue, green, or somewhere-in-between color to the ensemble, and I feel positively Athenan (I don't think that's a word!). And with this outfit I was actually wearing the ring that my mom bought in Greece when she was a kid, so I was topical with my (minimal!) accessories, too. And I'm fairly sure that my new mega-trendy sandals feel at least a teeny-tiny bit like a Mediterranean vacation, so I think I'm set.

It has been raining cats and dogs here lately. I can't say that I'm thrilled about it. It's not hot summer rain, like we usually get this time of year, interspersed with humid, sunny, muggy afternoons perfect for wading and sunbathing at the beach. Noooo, it's chilly damp never-ending showers that block up the sewers and make nearly all shoe choices impractical. Plus, I'm sick of walking around with a plastic bag over my arm. I look like a hobo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...