Friday, June 26, 2009

She's Just a Girl Who Claims that I Am the One



Outfit details:
White tank: American Eagle, remixed
Gray silk pleated skirt: Old Navy, remixed as a shirt
Black/silver peep-toe wedges: Naturalizer
Black/silver/turquoise scarf (worn as belt): Forever 21, remixed as scarf
Earrings: Gift from sister
Ring: Forever 21

Where:
Work, Art Institute, dinner date

The heat finally broke yesterday evening!! As much as I've been loving all the flirty dresses and summery ensembles that the 90-degree weather has demanded, I was seriously relieved when a cool breeze swept down the street last night. So now our apartment, which is
not yet air conditioned, is finally at a reasonable temperature, and I can go back to being okay with the idea of summery layers, neckscarves, close-toed shoes, and pants. I'm telling you, I truly struggled through a week of work-appropriate and heat-reasonable outfits. What do you do when you're stuck for inspiration? Where do you look to get ideas for a summery work wardrobe? Any pointers are seriously welcome.

As you can see, I'm still rocking the high-waisted look with this outfit. I've finally found a way to wear this skirt (as a skirt) that doesn't make me cringe. I bought it in winter and had so far only paired it with tights and boots. While it looks truly adorable with high-heeled booties, it clings to tights like moths to a flame (sorry 'bout the mixed metaphor). So I'm thrilled to know that it looks great as a summer work skirt!

To cool off yesterday afternoon, Joe and I spent some time downtown...at the 'Tute and out for dinner. I'm telling you, nothing is as cool and refreshing as a (giant!) mug of beer:



I'm instituting a new kind of challenge week this week. It's really more of a tribute week, though, for the King of Pop. Since I don't have any leather jackets or sequined gloves with which I could emulate Wacko Jacko's unparallelled style, I will feature one of my fave Michael Jackson hits in the title each day. I think Bubbles would approve.

Title song: Michael Jackson, "Billie Jean"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...