Friday, June 19, 2009

I Handled My Charm with Time and Slight of Hand


Outfit details:
Lavender shirt: Old Navy, remixed
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes (not pictured): Forever 21, remixed
Sunglasses: Target, remixed

Where:
Beach, home

Finally we had enough sun yesterday to spend some time at the beach! We stopped at the local farmer's market in the morning (conveniently located a few short steps from the apartment) and stocked up on asparagus, zucchini, strawberries, onions, and apple cider. I'm really looking forward to fruit coming into season in this area so we can fill the kitchen with fragrant, delicious peaches and nectarines. It was delightful, though, to stroll through the market admiring the ripe, robust produce while snacking on a donut (I know, I know, but I love donuts!). And though we only spent a short while at the beach before the clouds rolled in, Joe managed to find some pretty awesome seaglass and I got my feet wet.

I love this outfit for the patterns and colors. I've recently found that purple looks pretty good on me. So I tried to embrace it with the recent purchase of this skirt (which, though you can't tell from the pictures, has a lovely pattern of teal, purple, navy, and white). I think this skirt will seriously come in handy in the warmer months; it is lightweight, short, colorful, and comfy...everything a summer skirt should be. I'm excited to find more ways to style it throughout the season (and who knows? Maybe it'll be introduced to some tights and boots come September).


Brr! Lake Michigan is still very cold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...