Monday, March 21, 2011

Be Ready to Become

IMG_2802
Blouse: vintage, thrifted * Cropped sweater: thrifted * Jeans: Gap * Flats: Fergalicious * Necklace: Etsy

This may be my new favorite casual weekend outfit. This cropped sweater is turning out to be super versatile. It's the perfect weight and the perfect length, and I just adore heather gray, so it's definitely serving me well. Oh, and I better give credit where credit is due: Emily, of the other emily (who, by the way, is positively rock & rolling her way around the world, so if you aren't already following her, you better do it, stat!), has been absolutely rocking the layered blouse and sweater look, and I can only hope to give it half of the class and stylishness that she does.

IMG_2794

Also, it's officially spring, which has, surprisingly, made me super happy. I'm actually not usually much of a spring person. Growing up, spring lasted all of about one day, so I never really got attached to it, and in Chicago it's usually too muddy to really appreciate the warmer weather. But this year, I'm absolutely loving the rising temperatures and sunny weather (though you'd never guess it from these pictures, it's been getting fabulously warm and sunny lately), and I can't help but dream of green leaves, budding flowers, and long sunny days.

IMG_2803IMG_2807
IMG_2800

I'm going to spend the day doing whatever the heck I want, which is the simple beauty of vacation. I hope you're all having a lovely Monday, and had a perfectly wonderful first weekend of spring!

IMG_2811
IMG_2797

Title song: Noah and the Whale, "First Day of Spring"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...