Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kiss Another Day Goodbye

27/30
Shirt: H&M * Skirt: thrifted * Scarf: thrifted * Belt: Forever 21 * Boots: thrifted * Tights: Hue * Sunset: Motha Nature!

Holy shit, you guys! Do you see that sunset!??!? I mean, seriously, who even cares if I'm in the pictures at all. That shit is spectacular. Though I'm glad that I am in the pictures, because then we can talk about this rad ensemble. I loved the combination of colors and patterns (what you can't see from the dark pictures is that the shirt is actually micro-stripes and the scarf is a paisley pattern), and I could not have been any more comfortable than I was in this outfit. This knit skirt is just about the most comfortable, flattering thing I own, and it doesn't hurt that it matches with everything and was insanely cheap.

27/30
27/30

I gotta admit, I'm ridiculously proud of the pieces I picked for my 30 for 30 capsule wardrobe. I don't regret any of them, and they've all been so easy to combine, and remix, and play with. I've really had a blast doing the challenge. I feel like I could wear the same pieces for much longer than 30 days (actually, over the weekend, when I hit day 31, I instinctively reached for a new combination from my 30 pieces before realizing that I didn't have to do that anymore). I'm behind on posting, but I just loved the capsule wardrobe side of the challenge. I'll do a bit more of a recap on Friday when I post my last outfit, but I just wanted to gush for a moment about how happy I've been with this challenge and my outfits.

27/30

I'm off to battle the rest of my Tuesday. Joe is getting to town on Thursday to spend the week in Chicago, and while I can't wait to see him, I know I need to get a lot done before he gets here and starts distracting me. I am determined to be incredibly productive today, so I need to get focused and motivated, and fast. I foresee a cup of tea and lots of snacks in my future today (do any of you need to eat while you're being productive? For me, I get so much more done, and can focus so much better, if I'm sipping on tea or munching on almonds).

27/30

Title song: Neil Young, "California Sunset"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...