Thursday, March 31, 2011

There's Not Enough Hours in the Day

Mar. 28
Dress: BCBG, thrifted * Cardigan: UO * Tights: We Love Colors (charcoal) * Boots: Ciao Bella

I can't believe it's already Thursday. For the first time, maybe ever, I feel like the week is going by too quickly. I have so much that I still need to do, and the next few days at work are going to be just beyond busy. This is the time of year for me when I have a to-do list a mile long, but have no time in the day to actually sit down and start checking things off the list. I still know that I'd rather be super busy than super slow, but I still feel like I need to somehow discover that there are actually more than 24 hours in the day, or more than 7 days in a week. I seriously need some extra time.

Mar. 28

So things might be a bit light, word-wise, over here for awhile. I'll still post regularly (I think there's something important about maintaining a normal routine even when things get really busy; it helps me keep my sanity and sense of order), but there will be (and have been, if you look back on the posts this week) more posts that only talk about the outfit, the weather, or what I had for dinner (last night: spinach pasta with lemon pepper brussels sprouts). I have a couple of cool posts in the works, but it will be at least a week before I have the stamina to get to them.

Mar. 28
Mar. 28
Mar. 28

So, speaking of outfits, this one is fabulous, if I do say so myself. I went thrifting with my roommates awhile ago, and we found this BCBG dress among the racks. It's in perfect condition, and fits as though it was made specifically for my body. I love the deep navy color. I knew I'd have a busy day with lots to do when I wore this, so I just added comfortable layers and accessories to make it a bit more interesting without feeling too high-maintenance. I really like the result, though I might go with more matching neutrals next time (the charcoal tights, heather gray tank, and brown boots all next to the navy dress seem to clash a bit in my mind).

Mar. 28

Title song: Gomez, "Whipping Piccadilly"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...