Thursday, March 3, 2011

With Their Continental Fingers

24/30
Shirt: H&M * Skirt: thrifted * Cardigan: H&M * Boots: Target * Tights: Hue and UO * Belt: thrifted

Man. I'm beat. I started off the week not getting enough sleep, and I've just been trying to catch up since then.  The good news is that the week is positively flying by! I can't believe it's already Thursday. I won't be going to see Joe this weekend, since our schedules just don't work out, so I'm brainstorming what kinds of relaxing and fun activities I can indulge in this weekend instead. Any ideas?

IMG_155824/30

While I love the lighting and crazy hallway effects in these pictures, the one thing they did not capture was my tights. I was actually wearing navy lace tights over a pair of forest green opaques. It added a very cool texture and vibe to the outfit, one which was unfortunately not captured well at 5:45 when I finally got around to taking pictures, just before the sun went down. It created a very textured effect in the outfit overall, especially when combined with the layered stripes up top. I promise to recreate it soon and properly document the awesomeness of the layered lace tights.

IMG_1530

Well, my brain has all but turned off for the day, and I'm not even at work yet! I have a very busy day ahead of me, and should probably get a jump-start on things before I give into my desire to crawl back into bed. Have a beautifully wondrous Thursday, and enjoy the murmurings of spring (if, like Chicago, you're getting springy murmurings).

IMG_1548

Title song: Elvis Costello, "New Lace Sleeves"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...