Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Get Ourselves Back to the Garden

IMG_0946
Outfit details:
Teal tank: thrifted, remixed
Black knit blouse: Old Navy, remixed
Silver pleated skirt: Old Navy, remixed
Black wedges: Naturalizer, remixed
Earrings: Murano glass, gift from my parents, remixed
Flower: Chicago tree

Where:
Work, playground

I had a rough day today. I won't go too into it, but it involved angry parents, lots of yelling, vast amounts of work, an unsatisfying lunch, not enough coffee, and a constant aching reminder that I need a haircut. But then I found this delightful jungle gym on my way home, picked this beautiful flower, and basked in the late afternoon sun for awhile and felt much better. Vast amounts of eggplant parmesan and red wine tonight won't hurt, either.

This skirt is very possibly one of my favorite items. I need to figure out how to wear it with tights, since it tends to cling violently to any fabric that may be in or around its vicinity. And this little teal tank top has been a great layering piece this summer, adding interest to the necklines of more basic blouses. These unique (and handmade!) glass earrings which my parents brought me from Murano, Italy, perfectly complemented the bright teal shirt (and later, the flower!).

IMG_0945

Title song: Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, "Woodstock"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...