Sunday, September 20, 2009

Spin Cycle: Dress Yourself in Black or Gray

IMG_1067
Outfit details:
Green shirt: Old Navy
Black skinny jeans: Gap, 1969 "Always Skinny"
Sandals: Steve Madden "Sarrahh"
Jacket: Market in Buenos Aires
Necklace: made by me!

Where:
Home, grocery shopping

So I'm starting a new featurette here on Between Laundry Days called Spin Cycle. They'll be reviews of styles I've revisited multiple times, or remixed that I find particularly interesting. I'll have a few of these scattered pretty irregularly from here on out. Today's Spin Cycle is focused on my Sunday best. That is to say, the throw-it-together-because-I'm-just-going-to-be-inside-by-myself-all-day-anyway looks. I noticed today that I'm wearing a couple of pieces that seem to come up time and again on my days off. Elements change, but mostly in conjunction with the seasons. Take a look:




Skinny jeans (especially these black ones!), my DIY cutoff shorts in summer, baggy tanks and tees, mega-comfy shoes (like my Toms!)...these totally spell out "comfort" to me. I'm interested to see if I stick with this uniform in the colder months, since these are primarily warm-weather ensembles. Stay tuned for more Spin Cycle! Any ideas?

Oh, and I know I promised to premiere some necklaces tonight. I haven't gone through and taken photos of them all yet, but I snapped a shot of the one I wore today:
IMG_1074
I love the bold chains and asymmetry of the whole thing, and the contrasting shapes and sizes are so fun. Plus, it was an absolute blast to make! My cashier at the market asked how much I'd charge to make one for her...yikes!! I had no idea they would be sellable...any ideas on price range for this kind of thing??

Title song: Counting Crows, "On Almost Any Sunday Morning"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...