Monday, September 7, 2009

Laundry Day: Maybe Together We Can Get Somewhere

I know I promised a bigger update on our weekend in Michigan. We got home this afternoon and had such a great time. I was sad to end the weekend, but it was so great and fun-filled that I didn't really think about that until we were home. So here are some of my highlights from the trip:

IMG_0793

Finding and trying new beers and breweries. We had planned the trip loosely around visiting Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo and Founder's Brewing Company in Grand Rapids, but we had left everything pretty open. It was great to try some of the previously unknown beers from those breweries, as well as stumbling on a few others which we hadn't planned on, like Olde Peninsula in K-Zoo and B.O.B.'s in the G-Rap. Lots of beer, but in the best possible way.

IMG_0757

Seeing two (2!) live music sets. Living in Chicago, I feel like I should be going to a lot of shows and jazz clubs, but because of time and money constraints I haven't been to as many as I'd like. But at our first night on the trip we watched a lovely lively bluegrass band at Bell's (and a lovely lively audience), and then watched a couple of sets of a 16 piece jazz ensemble on Sunday at Founder's.

IMG_0781

Driving. I LOVE road trips. Love them. I haven't had a car for about a year now, and Joe's has been in and out of the shop. It was so much fun to take a road trip together!

IMG_0794

This sandwich. Turkey reuben with havarti dill, avocado, spinach, tomato, red onion, and thousand island dressing. Seriously yumtastic.

IMG_0811

Spending time with Joe. 'Nuff said.

Title song: Tracy Chapman, "Fast Car"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...