Thursday, September 17, 2009

Walking Down the Same Street Together on the Very Same Day

IMG_1023
Outfit details:
Dress: Angie, via Nordstrom Rack
Skirt: thrifted, remixed
Socks: Target
Boots: Steven by Steve Madden
Belt: thrifted, remixed

Where:
Work

So this post be a bit of a photo dump. I just truly loved today's photoshoot with Joe, and had a hard time picking just one or two.

IMG_0995

It's been feeling more and more like fall lately. The weather has been perfect, in my opinion. Sunny skies, mid-70s, light evening breeze, and a few colorful leaves drifting down. What Chicago loses in winter it more than makes up for during autumn. This week has been absolutely flying by. I had meetings all day yesterday, which were very interesting but totally draining, and I spent most of today trying to catch up. It's just going to get busier from here, too, so I definitely need to utilize my down time to rejuvenate. Joe and I are hemming pants, eating Indian food, and watching The Graduate tonight, so it's a pretty good start.

IMG_1011

I am loving my new dress and its major potential for remixing. I think it looks adorable like this, worn with boots and socks but mostly layer-free, but I'm also intrigued with the idea of chunky cable-knit tights and a turtleneck layered underneath, creating an interesting texture palette. And, of course, it will be delightful next summer with casual sandals and canvas belts (yes, I'm planning for next summer, but with a dress like this, wouldn't you?). I just love its full skirt, ruffle detailing, and saturated color. Oh, and these Steven by Steve Madden boots are my absolute FAVE. Subtly pointed toe, stovepipe shaft, adjustable calf width, leather upper, 1" wedge heel. My perfect black boots.

IMG_1015

Title song: Paul Simon, "Gumboots"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...