Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Know You're Tossed and Tempest Turned

IMG_0701
Outfit details:
Crochet-neck black tank: Old Navy, remixed
High-waist wool pants: Worthington, thrifted via Goodwill
Black flats: Target, remixed
Earrings: Gift, bought by my mom from street vendor in NYC

Where:
Work

These lovely pants were another of my recent thrifting finds. I've been trying to limit myself to purchasing only work-appropriate pieces, so I was pretty thrilled when I saw these dynamite wool numbers on the rack. They are the perfect length, which is rare, and I love the front crease and fun button detailing.

I recently found a pretty nice spot to do my pictures. It's actually just outside the apartment, by the fire escape, but I like the wood/brick background. I was feeling a bit silly today:

IMG_0700

This outfit was kind of rough to put together, actually. I've been struggling with work outfits, but I like how this ultimately came together. I've really been laying into the neutrals and brown/black combo, but I think it's okay. I'm also really excited to have my mom in town next weekend. Nothing quite like a shopping outing with dear old Mum.

Oh, and I'm so excited to mention that I'm participating in Kimberly's September Inspiration Calendar over at Fab Finds Under $50 (check out my "I Inspire..." icon on the sidebar)!! I love that she's been doing this, so I was totally psyched when she asked for submissions for this month. Some really great ideas over there!!!

IMG_0699

Title song: G. Love and Special Sauce, "Pull the Wool"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...