Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Arena, Espuma y Aves del Amanecer

IMG_0511
Outfit details:
Mustard shirt: Target, remixed
Vest: Urban Outfitters, remixed
Pencil skirt: Old Navy, remixed
Purple flats: Old Navy
Turquoise jewelry (ring and earrings): gifts

Where:
Work

Wow, sorry about the wrinkly skirt!! I hope it didn't look like that all day! But I'm so glad this skirt is back in rotation. Due to a recent "sitting accident", the back seam of this beloved pencil skirt ripped all the way to the crotch, rendering it completely unwearable. But, miracle of miracles!, Joe came to the rescue. Joe is far and beyond a better sewer than myself (a bit of a gender-bias that I would even think that was weird, but that's for another time...) so he offered to fix it. And fix it he did! The seam is now reinforced so that my apparently forceful sitting won't rip it again.

IMG_0509

I'm really feelin' the colors of today's outfit. I've been lusting after colors like mustard, eggplant, and turquoise lately, and I love how well they each complement one another. I think using the gray/black neutral background let the variety of rich autumnal hues take center stage, which is exactly what I was going for. Sorry I didn't take better pictures of the jewelry, though. The ring is a silver/turquoise heirloom from my mother, and the earrings are gifts from my sister when she studied abroad in Argentina. Both are deeply loved (the people and the gifts).

IMG_0512

Title song: Silvio Rodriguez, "Nuestro Tema"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...