Friday, August 21, 2009

Warm Me from the Wind

IMG_0425

Outfit details (day):

Dress: Lux, thrifted, worn as shirt, remixed as dress
Khakis: Old Navy
Metallic snakeskin platform wedges: Rampage, remixed
Belt: TJ Maxx, recently remixed
Glasses: Fysh
Leather cuff bracelet: gift

Where:
Work

My list of "things-I-need-for-work" is growing longer and longer. Work slacks are at the top of that list, since I currently only own these and the green pair that aren't denim, but blouses are high up too. I have a lot of plain shirts and t-shirts, which are okay when paired with fancier skirts or slacks, but look unpolished without that extra punch. My mom's coming to town in a few weeks so I'm looking forward to doing some "back-to-school/work/Clare's-first-real-job" shopping with her, but until then I'm on my own. So I thought it would be a good idea to remix this adorable Lux dress as a tunic, and I loved the result! Even though there was a lot of fabric bunched up around the waist, the viscose of the dress kept it from looking bulky. Plus, it made for a perfect work-to-play transition:

IMG_0441

Outfit details (night):
Dress: Lux, remixed
Metallic snakeskin platform wedges: Rampage, remixed
Belt: Brazilian necklace, gift from my dad
Leather cuff bracelet: gift

Where:
Dinner, hanging with Joe on Friday night

It felt a little weird to basically just take off my pants to make my "evening" ensemble, but I was okay with it. I'm madly in love with this little dress, and now that I've worn it a few different ways I'm even more convinced of its perfection. It was a lovely evening, too, and I think Joe's becoming quite the photographer!!

IMG_0439

Title song: Arlo Guthrie, "Chilling of the Evening"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...