Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Canyons and the Seas, Are they Just What You Need

IMG_0213
Outfit details:
Black and white dress: Shop in Lakeview, remixed
Coral skirt: Falabella in Chile, remixed
Maroon cardigan: Gift, remixed
Necklace: World Market, remixed
Wedges: Payless, recently remixed
Belt: TJ Maxx, remixed

Where:
Work, book club and tapas

IMG_0221

Today Joe and I attended, for the first time, our new book club. It's kind of dorky, I know, but it's damn hard to meet people once you're not a student anymore, and we're pretty much huge dorks anyway, so who cares. It was fun to meet the other attendees, and exchange stories about life, books, Chicago, movies, and food, over a delicious dinner of tapas and sangria.

IMG_0220

I knew I'd be segueing from work to social book club almost without a break, so I wanted to pick something business-y enough for work but fun enough for the evening. I wore this dress only once before when I participated in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Scarf, so it clearly hasn't gotten enough play. I was glad to bust it out again, and I loved using the longer coral skirt to add length and interest to the silhouette and color palette of the ensemble. I also really like how the beads of the necklace and maroon cardigan, combined with the coral skirt, create a lovely analogous color combination, as being revisited this week by the gals at Academichic.

IMG_0214

Title song: Matt Costa, "Astair"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...