Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm Held Back by a Velvet Rope

IMG_0395
Outfit details:
Shirt: Target, remixed
Tulip skirt: Forever 21, remixed
Heels: Coup d'Etat, via ShoeTrader

Where:
Work

So it's raining. I'm sure that's painfully obvious, but I thought I'd point it out anyway. I forgot to bring my umbrella to work, and I just barely managed to dash home before the first raindrops fell. But once they fell....holy cow what a downpour! And of course I pick that moment to go take pictures....

IMG_0397

I've been trying to conjure up the perfect outfit for which to debut these new shoes. I love the shield-heel trend that's sweeping the fashion world, but I can't always pull off the sky-high platform look, so I was way excited when I saw these gray gradient patent leather numbers. Super sexy and super fun. And best of all: super comfortable! I had the urge as I was getting dressed to wear only shades of gray, but I fought the urge just enough to wear this shirt, which has only hints of gray. At least it's not totally monochromatic. I love the resulting outfit, and I felt so sexy and noticeable (if that makes sense!) all day.

IMG_0396

Title song: Okkervil River, "Blue Tulip"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...