Thursday, October 22, 2009

From the West to the East

IMG_1973
Outfit details:
Black sweater dress: Pink Rose, via Nordstrom Rack
Mustard shirt: Target, remixed
Black leggings: Forever 21
Scarf: TJ Maxx, remixed
Socks: Target
Boots: Steven by Steve Madden, remixed

Where:
Breakfast at our fave place, Art Institute for artsy ogling, home

Despite the ridiculous weather today (rainy, cold, windy...what happened to yesterday's lovely fall day?!), Joe and I were determined to enjoy the day. We went out to breakfast, like we do every week, at our absolute favorite local breakfast joint, and then headed downtown for a day at the Art Institute. It was so nice wandering through the museum, and we especially enjoyed the Art of Victorian Photocollage exhibit. Sometimes it's okay to be unemployed...

IMG_1966

I love today's outfit, too. I love how the scarf matches the mustard shirt and navy socks, and I really like the almost-all black color palette. I wear black occasionally, but I rarely wear it head to toe. I felt part French chic, part bohemian college student, and all awesome. To top it off, it's an incredibly comfortable outfit, what with the leggings and sweater-dress and all. And it sure didn't hurt that the fall colors were so unbelievably gorgeous today.

IMG_1978

Title song: The Kinks, "Victoria"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...