Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Heard the Knock on the Door

IMG_1817
Outfit details:
Sweater dress, worn as shirt: Target, remixed last winter
Skirt: Forever 21, remixed
Gray striped tights: Gap, remixed
Red flats: Chinese Laundry, remixed
Obi belt: The Mexican Shop (with Sally!)
Feather Necklace: made by me, for sale in my Etsy shop, Objects Found

Where:
Job applications at home, with Joe to Evanston for a meeting, home for movies and mac & cheese

The last time I wore this sweater dress as a sweater dress, I spent the whole day obsessing over how short it was. There's something about form-fitting mini-dresses that just brings out my self-consciousness. Go figure. Anyway, I love the color and the fit of the top half, so I thought I'd pair it with this fun flirty skirt that I got at Forever 21 last spring. I slapped on my new obi belt for good measure, then added tights 'cause it's f-f-freezing in Chi-town today! Finally, I added these fabulous red leather flats for good measure and called it a day. It resulted in a comfy, cozy, cute outfit for a day out with Joe. Sometimes it's good to have no responsibilities. Oh, and this skirt is definitely too short for work, so the outfit fits in with my goal of not wearing any business attire for awhile. :)

Also, be sure to check out the lovely feature on Objects Found that Sara posted on her equally lovely blog, Orchids in Buttonholes. Also, be sure to check out how she styled the Branches Necklace! Thanks, Sara!

IMG_1811

Title song: Yo La Tengo, "Autumn Sweater"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...