Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Spin Cycle: Covered in Leather or Plaid Patches

IMG_2161
Outfit details:
Plaid shirt: Lark and Wolff for UO, remixed
Leather skirt: Vintage Wilson's, thrifted
Tights: Hue, recently remixed
Wedges: Old Navy, remixed
Necklace: Gold Braided Drip Necklace, in the Objects Found shop

Where:
Home, library, walk and lunch with Joe, grocery shopping, home for homemade vindaloo

This is the second "Spin Cycle" post I've done. Last time I took a look at the pieces from my closet that seem to be in heavy rotation for casual Sundays. Today is a little different. I'm still looking at certain items that seem to be frequently worn, but today it's not all about me. It's probably no surprise to any of you that the whole plaid-shirt-with-leather-skirt look is storming the blogosphere (ooh, I cringe at that word!). Here's how some of my favorite bloggers totally rocked this look:

ThisTimeTomorrowLeatherAdoredAustinLeatherDelightfullyTackyLeatherOrchidGreyLeather
Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Krystal from This Time Tomorrow, Indiana Adams from Adored Austin, Delightfully Tacky, and Julie from Orchid Grey

They've all pointed out the "style chain" that seems to be happening with this look, so I'm not exactly adding anything earth-shatteringly new, but I wanted to take some inspiration from some of my faves and give credit where credit is due. A few things just jump out as I look at these, that remind me of why I love blogging in the first place. First, we're all clearly working off each other, getting inspiration for colors, shoes, necklaces, and general style. Second, despite the similarities (long gold necklaces, nosebleed shoes), each outfit is unique and plays off the particular style of the individual. Thanks, ladies, for the continued inspiration!

IMG_2163

Title song: Anti-Flag, "Punk by the Book"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...