Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What's a Wolf Without a Pack

IMG_2149_2
Outfit details:
Magenta shirt: Old Navy, remixed
Dress, worn as skirt: New Order, remixed
Tights: Hue, remixed
Belt: thrifted, remixed
Brogues: Andiamo, remixed
Crocheted bib necklace: handmade by the lovely Noel from the owls are not what they seem

Where:
Home, downtown, long walk around town

I was so excited to win the giveaway for this gorgeous necklace, lovingly made by Noel from one of my favorite blogs, the owls are not what they seem!! It's such a beautiful creation, and I'm so excited about showing it off as much as possible. I even did some fancy photo editing to highlight this beauty. (See the fuzzy edges? Yeah, that's right.)

IMG_2154

I also found out that I won the Beta Boutique giveaway from Keiko Lynn! I guess my karma is givin' me a few kickbacks for the whole job thing. Between the sweet thrifting booty, my free laundry room finds, and winning these giveaways, it's almost like I never got laid off at all! Well, maybe not quite... I also had a bit of karma at the DMV today. Every DMV I've ever been to has grumptastic employees wearing their grumpiest pants. This one, however, was filled with smiling, laughing employees who wanted me to look "glamorous" for my ID photo. I totally did.

IMG_2132

This outfit was one of those ones that just came together perfectly. I'm pretty sure it was 90% crocheted necklace, 10% me. But I still loved the way the layering worked, and the neutral base with the pop of color from the shirt. I felt like it was flattering, interesting, feminine, chic, and a little bit fun. Plus, I adore these brogues. But seriously, 90% necklace. Oh, and I hope you guys aren't too sick of these autumnal backdrops. I'm totally drinking in fall while it's here. Don't worry, though. After a few weeks all the leaves will have fallen and you'll be treated to dead trees behind my lovely outfits. :)

IMG_2152

Title song: Emily Haines, "Winning"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...