Friday, October 9, 2009

You Can Fall for Chains of Silver

IMG_1660
Outfit details:
Maroon sweater: Old Navy
Darkwash skinnies: Gap, remixed
Lace-up g'ma booties: Classique, recently remixed
Scarf: Target
Wool swing jacket: Gap, thrifted, recently remixed

Where:
Coffee and shopping in Evanston with Sal (yup, that's right, start your jealousy engines), post office work at home

IMG_1568

Um, yes. I met Sally of Already Pretty today. She was in town for the weekend and asked if I wanted to get together, so we met up this morning for coffee and shopping at Sal's favorite Evanston boutique, The Mexican Shop. And oh, em, gee, guys, that shop was off the hizook/chizain/other-ridiculous-out-of-character-expression. I fully intend on blowing an entire paycheck there...that is, once I have a paycheck to blow again. And Sally was, of course, incredible. She is freakishly gorgeous, so incredibly kind and funny, and had the most. killer. boots on today. I am so beyond happy to have met her. Thank you so much for such a lovely morning, Sal. We'll do it in the Twin Cities next time!

IMG_1661

These gorgeous earrings are one of the few things I allowed myself to buy at The Mexican Shop (along with an adorable - and $12! - pair of black cigarette pants and an obi belt). I adore feather accessories, and especially earrings, but I'm far too clumsy/violent/ridiculous to keep the feathers nice for very long. So it was love at first sight when I saw these silver feather numbers. Perfection.

Title song: Dire Straits, "Romeo and Juliet"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...