Sunday, October 11, 2009

Under Rough Grey Blankets

IMG_1710
Outfit details:
Maxi dress: Old Navy, remixed
Jacket: Forever 21, remixed
Boots: Classique, recently remixed
Scarf: Mexican sarong, remixed

Where:
Home, grocery shopping

So maxi dresses are pretty much the ultimate "I'm unemployed" wardrobe item. Comfy enough to be pajamas, but just polished enough to tell your mom you really did put in the effort to get dressed this morning. Just barely. And this scarf is kind of like wearing a pillow around your neck, so the pajama-esque feel of this outfit is pretty much spot-on.

IMG_1712

I also love how I'm short enough that I need to tie up the bottom of this dress even when I'm wearing it with heels (see the summer version here). Although it did feel particularly appropriate to be wearing these Victorian-inspired lace-up boots with floor-length skirts. I felt almost risque as I was knotting up the hem of the dress, as if I was soooo daring to be exposing my ankles. All I was lacking was a corset. And a feminine haircut, I guess. Nah.

IMG_1718

Title song: The Fall, "Spoilt Victorian Child"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...