Monday, July 13, 2009

Give Us Any Chance We'll Take It


Outfit details:
Salmon skirt: thrifted, remixed
Cream/silver paisley shirt: Target, recently remixed
Black wedges: Naturalizer via Filene's Basement, recently remixed

Where:
Work

I'm back from my Milwaukee adventure!! It was wonderful to see old friends and we packed a lot into those 48 hours. The weekend included, but was not limited to: root beer floats, Back to the Future, thin-crust pizza, home-brewed beer, kitty snuggling, Laverne & Shirley singalongs, green tea ice cream, sunburns, this store, diner breakfast, summer salad (the best pasta salad that exists!), delightfully sweet lemonade, and brewery tours. See? It's flippin' awesome to be my friend!

The train ride was awesome too. On the way home last night we passed through all these stereotypically rural Wisconsin towns, and I caught a glimpse of some delightfully idyllic scenes of summer. People lining up at the Dairy Queen and waving at the train as they enjoy their soft-serve cone. Kids flocking to the baseball diamond to play a pick-up game. Elderly couples watching fireflies from park benches. Seriously. I saw all of these spectacularly suburban moments from my passenger seat on the train and got off in Chicago just beaming with simple summer happiness. Do you have any moments that signal the onset of summer? Do you get as emotional about them as I do?

I got a few pieces of good news today. I have a new temporary project to work on (=rent $) and an interview for a permanent position on Wednesday! Also, this is Between Laundry Days' 100th post!!! So thanks, all of you, 'cause I would have never made it to even 10 posts without your encouragement, support, friendship, and amazing fashion inspiration!!!

Title song: Theme song to "Laverne and Shirley"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...