Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's a Big Enough Umbrella


Outfit details:
Dress: Lux, thrifted
Belt: thrifted, remixed
Sandals: GoJane, remixed

Where:
Work, museum, dinner and a movie

I bought this dress last weekend while doing some thrifting, and knew it would be a perfect summer work dress. It's pretty shapeless, so a belt is crucial, but it's silk, so the fabric drapes perfectly with the belt. I'm already thinking up other ways to wear it, with pants or leggings, as more of a tunic.

I decided to take the afternoon off to spend some time with Joe before my new job starts and I have to work a lot more hours. So we spent the afternoon at the Field Museum, which I love, and then went out to a happy-hour dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery and then to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It was really nice to have a date night together. Our schedules have been weird lately and we haven't had a lot of time to go out together so it was really nice to do the whole dinner-and-a-movie thing.

So one of the things that I've been thinking about is how to get a more office-appropriate wardrobe started for my new job. I have a few select things, but not much. So I'm putting it to you all: knowing what you know about my style (and keeping in mind that I'm definitely still on a budget!), what are a few must-have work wardrobe staples? Any particular stores I should be checking out? And for you other short-legged lovelies, any advice on which brands offer petite sizes or shorter inseams?



Title song: The Police, "Every little thing she does is Magic"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...