Friday, July 24, 2009

Pretend I Was Queen


Outfit details:
Coral shirt: thrifted, originally American Eagle, remixed
Houndstooth skirt (w/pockets!): GoJane.com
Navy canvas peep-toe slingbacks: Impo, via TJ Maxx, remixed

Where:
Work

First of all, thank you all so much for your kind congratulations on my new job! I'm so pumped to start this new phase of my life, doing something that I could really see turning into a career. A few of you asked what exactly I've been hired to do. It's actually a pretty basic clerical position, but in a university office that is undergoing some really exciting changes, with great opportunity for growth. My job for the past few years has been pretty much all solo work, so I'm absolutely over the moon about getting to work with a supportive, kind, and forward-thinking team of coworkers.

I've been waiting and waiting (and waiting...) to debut this skirt. I'm not sure why, but it's one of those items that I bought quite awhile ago and just didn't wear right away. I think it's because I love my new purchases so much that I'm afraid that whatever outfit I create around them won't live up to my expectations for them. Totally ridiculous, since they end up hanging out in my closet indefinitely instead, but old habits are darn hard to break. In any case, I really like the way this outfit came together. I felt really sleek and a bit sexy, while still maintaining a bit of cuteness. Plus, the skirt has POCKETS!

Title song: Rachael Yamagata, "Be Be Your Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...